Sunday 12 June 2011

Obviously, as well as making clothing for re-enactors, I also re-enact.


I was extraordinarily sad to hear that Frania Juchnowicz, formerly the Battle Captain of 'The Vikings' died last week.

I can't claim to have known her well, but whenever I met her she struck me as genuinely lovely, warm, and funny (if somebody who was slightly scary and whom you wouldn't want to annoy!).
She also gave Nigel a lot of moral support when he needed it, (during times when certain of his closer friends found it to be too much trouble), for which I will be eternally grateful.

I'll remember her as she was at Hastings 2006, running things, racing round in her armour, getting people to be in the right place, shouting at those who weren't, and generally organising everybody.

My sincere sympathies to anyone and everyone who knew her, especially those closest to her. May she rest in peace.


There is a 'Just Giving' page in her memory, in aid of the Motor Neurone Disease Association, the horrible illness that took her. http://www.justgiving.com/Frania-Juchnowicz

No comments:

Post a Comment